Jesus is the ROCK in our Relationships















Monday, April 30, 2012

What's Permeating My Thinking? 4-30-12


“Let us approach the Thone of Grace with confidence so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”
Heb. 4:16

Lord, help me to always make You my focal point as I move through my days, continuing to urge me to keep my focus on You amidst fluctuating circumstances in this crazed-filled world. Centering on my circumstances gets me woozy, but my steps are steady and sure when I continually choose to rejuvenate myself in Your Presence.

Help me to tune out distractions and to set my mind on You and the things that give You joy instead of fixating on my troubles.

Help me to recognize that my perspectives are LIMITED and my evaluations are distorted.

Lord, please permeate my thinking!

I realize that from my limited viewpoint it seems at times that You are unaware of some pretty gnarly things, please forgive me, Lord. I know that You are fully aware and You are fully in control…help me to mature in You and grow in character through this hardship and heartache.

I also realize that I still allow far too many things and/or feelings interrupt my awareness of You…please forgive me for being so easily distracted.

Ps. 46:1-2 tells me, “God is our refuge and strength, and an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth five way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.”  I am choosing to trust You today.  Amen.

The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. Jms. 5:16

Much love from our home to yours,
Shaun and Betsy