Jesus is the ROCK in our Relationships















Monday, May 10, 2010

Life Companion 5-10-10

“This is my beloved and this is my friend.” Sgs 5:16

Do you long to give yourself completely to someone, to have a deep soul relationship with another, to be loved thoroughly and exclusively?

God to the Christian says: “No, not until you are satisfied, fulfilled, and content with being loved by Me alone. Not until giving yourself totally to Me, to have an intensely personal and unique relationship with me alone, will you be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have planned for you. You will never be united with another until you are united with Me, exclusive of any other desires or longings.

I want you to stop planning, stop wishing and allow Me to give you the most thrilling plan existing, one that your cannot imagine! I want you to have the best! Please allow Me to bring it to you.

You just keep watching Me, Expecting the greatest things, keep experiencing the satisfaction that I Am. Keep listening and learning the things I tell you. You just wait, that’ all. Don’t be anxious. Don’t look at the things you want; you just keep looking off and up to Me….Or you’ll miss what I want to show you.

And then when you are ready, I’ll surprise you with a love far more wonderful than you could dream of. (I am working even at this moment to have both of you ready at the same time.) You see, until you are ready, until you are both satisfied exclusively with Me and the life that I have prepared for you, you will not be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with Me and this perfect love.

I want you to see in the flesh a picture of your relationship with Me, and to enjoy materially and concretely the everlasting beauty, perfection, and love that I over you with Myself.

Know that I love you utterly. I am the Almighty God. Believe it and be satisfied.”


Shaun and his college roommates had this poem taped on their bathroom mirror. At 20 years old, after we’d been dating a while, Shaun gave me a copy. Two years later this poem appeared on our wedding invitations and today, nearly 30 years later, sits embossed on a pillow upon our bed. ~~We pray that this poem will speak to you or to someone you love.
Shaun and I had a message on integrity prepared for this week’s R&R message, but will save this more serious topic for next week, because… It’s my Shaun’s birthday today!!! (I love you and am so proud to be your wife, Babe! …I am one blessed woman.)
Blessings to each of you!
Shaun and Betsy