Jesus is the ROCK in our Relationships















Monday, January 9, 2012

Good stuff at the end! 1-9-12


"But indeed for this purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared
in all the earth.” Ex. 9:16


When God calls us to do something difficult, it’s not without intention or purpose. And it’s not just because He’s being bossy or is bored, in need of entertainment. No, when God calls us to do something difficult, there is always something GOOD at the end waiting for us, and there is divine purpose at the root.

Referring to Ex. 9:16 above, God exclaims that He has great purpose in what He was asking Moses to do. (Remember, Moses wasn’t all that excited at the assignment God had him doing!) Yet he sensed God’s call, and was obedient (well, on most occasions) to this divine mission … even though it did NOT feel all that “divine” much of the time.

Our particular assignment from God may not be of “Moses magnitude”, but let us not be fooled into thinking that it is any less significant to our Lord.

God tells each one of us, “Indeed for this purpose I have raised you up, your name, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.”

God is in the business of transforming and conforming us into His own image as His Spirit lives through us, bringing others to Himself and bringing His divine purposes to fruition through our unique lives.

May we live to Him and choose not be fooled by the worlds enticements this year!

Much love,
Shaun and Betsy