Jesus is the ROCK in our Relationships















Monday, April 26, 2010

Steadfast and Secure 4-26-10

“He will have no fear of bad new; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord His heart is secure, he will have no fear.”
Ps. 112:7-8a

Seems like there is so much bad news flying around these days…
… The X-rays show some suspicious spots on your lungs…
… Your flight has been cancelled…
… The position you were interested in is already filled…
… I’ve been having an affair…
… Sir, this is the hospital, your son…

Ps. 112:7-8 promises that I will have no fear of bad news and my heart will be secure because I trust in the Lord. But let’s look at this verse in reverse phraseology: When I have fear of bad news, my heart is NOT steadfast because I am NOT trusting in the Lord. My heart is insecure because of my lack of trust, and fear is the result.

Who really desires fear and insecurity? No one! Then why do we so often choose to trust in all but God, when tough circumstances arise?

“Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.” Ps. 37:5-6

“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever; for the Lord is the Rock eternal.” Is. 26:3-4

"The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him." Neh. 1:7

Let’s determine to trust Him with the obstacles thrown at us this week. As with any relationship, trust is developed when we work together.
God bless you,
Shaun and Betsy